This is less of a recipe and more of an idea. It’s simple and quick and—thanks to these wonderful store bought cookies—delicious. These are the cookies Oma uses in her famous holiday log and I bought them to use as a crust to a cappuccino cheesecake I never got around to making (YET!). They are the perfect size for these little treats. These will be the cutest, easiest ice cream sandwiches you will ever eat. And since you assemble them yourself, they are homemade, right??
mini ice cream sandwiches
|1 box||Nabisco famous chocolate wafers|
|ice cream flavors of your choice|
|sprinkles, nuts, & other toppings|
*a cookie scoop is like a mini ice cream scoop, great for portioning out even sized cookies, filling cupcake trays…..very handy!
*we used Breyer’s mint chocolate chip and Starbuck’s coffee ice cream.
- Grab 2 wafers (found in the cookie aisle).
- Scoop a little scoop of ice cream, scrap along the side of the container to flatten the bottom and wipe off any excess.
- Place the flat side on one wafer and release.
- Carefully place second wafer on top, pressing gently on the center to flatten the ice cream some and spread it to the edges of the cookies. If you press off center or in more than one place, the wafer will crack and you will have to eat it and replace with a new one…oh well!
- Pour some sprinkles in a bowl, and roll the sandwich so that the sprinkles stick to all edges of the ice cream.
- Eat immediately if you can’t wait (ice cream will be soft and may mush as you bite into the sandwich), or I would suggest popping them in the freezer for 10 minutes to let everything solidify for easier eating. And since they are small, you can eat 2 or 3….enjoy!