Nothing like a special occasion to indulge in a little chocolate goodness. Yes— anniversaries, birthdays, mondays…really I think it’s an anything goes kind of situation. I made these for a baby shower with the one request being chocolate. And what a pregnant woman wants
everyone else wants, too a pregnant woman gets. I saw a picture of these and put them on my mental ‘make these whenever the excuse arises’ list. They have an amazing color, more like black than that light milk chocolate brown you normally run into with chocolate cupcakes. There is cocoa in the icing, cocoa in the cake, and semisweet chocolate chips somewhere in the middle. And if you are within 10 feet of these, your glucose levels will start to rise. The smell is overwhelming. Amazing. Unmistakable. Chocolate.
double chocolate chip cupcakes
from thatwinsomegirl who got it from 125 Best Cupcake recipes (makes 12 cupcakes)
|1¼||cups all-purpose flour|
|½||cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder, sifted|
|3/4||teaspoon baking soda|
|1||cup granulated sugar|
|1/3||cup vegetable oil|
|½||cup semisweet chocolate chips|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl whisk together sugar, oil, egg and vanilla until smooth. Alternately whisk in flour mixture and buttermilk, making three additions of flour mixture and two of buttermilk, beating until batter is smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 22 to 27 minutes or until tops of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack. Top cooled cupcakes with frosting.
dark cocoa icing
from thatwinsomegirl who got it from 125 Best Cupcake recipes
|1½||cups confectioner’s sugar|
|3/4||cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder, sifted|
|½||cup unsalted butter, at room temperature|
|pinch of salt|
- In a large mixing bowl, beat confectioner’s sugar, cocoa powder, butter, milk and salt until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Spread onto cooled cupcakes or pipe with a decorator bag and preferred tip.